At Garza & Garza Law, PLLC, we are proud to call ourselves not only local legal experts but also a firm that has a family of attorneys that truly care for your legal needs.
Judge Robert Garza was born and raised in Brownsville, Texas. He was a farmer for most of his young life, was high school teacher, became an attorney in 1979 and then was elected as a State District Judge in 1985. He retired after serving over 20 years as a district judge and went back to practicing law in 2005.
Myles R. Garza is Judge Garza’s son. He was born in Harlingen and raised in Brownsville. He is a graduate of Brownsville Hanna High School and a graduate from Texas A&M University. He attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law graduating with distinction and became an attorney in 2013.
Rochelle M. Garza is Judge Garza’s daughter. She was born in Harlingen and raised in Brownsville. She is a graduate of Brownsville Hanna High School and a graduate from Brown University. She attended the University of Houston Law Center and became an attorney in 2013. She practiced with the firm until the end of February 2019 when she joined the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) – Texas.
In addition, although our clientele often hails from Brownsville, we’ve practiced across the country. This isn’t just valuable if your case crosses multiple jurisdictions – it’s also important simply because it means we have a wider experience of the way things work. If you want a lawyer with Texan values and a cosmopolitan perspective, Garza & Garza Law, PLLC are the people to call.
With decades of collective experience in the field, Garza & Garza Law, PLLC has proven one thing time and again: that we don’t ever let our clients down or back away from a tough case. If you need help, contact us today!
Judge Robert Garza
Retired State District Judge
- National Judicial College – University of Reno – M.A. in Judicial Studies for Trial Judges – 2000
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law – Juris Doctor – 1979
- Pan American University – B.A. in Government / History – 1975
- State Bar of Texas – 1979
- United States Southern District of Texas – 2005
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals – 2006
- United States District of Columbia – 2009
- Garza & Garza Law, PLLC
- Texas Fifth Administrative Judicial Region – Senior Visiting Judge
- Law Office of Robert Garza, P.C.
- Law Offices of Ernesto Gamez, Jr., P.C.
- 138th State District Court Judge
- Law Office of Robert Garza
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Judicial Counsel
- Cameron and Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Texas Fifth Administrative Judicial Region – Former Acting Presiding Judge
- Cameron County Juvenile Board – Former Chairman
- Cameron County Adult Probation – Former Chairman
- Red Cross Board of Directors
- Tip-O-Tex Boy Scouts—Former District Chairman
Myles R. Garza
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law – Juris Doctor (Cum Laude) – 2013
- Texas A&M University – B.S. in Biomedical Science – 2007
- State Bar of Texas – 2013
- United States Southern District of Texas – 2014
- Garza & Garza Law, PLLC – Attorney
- Law Office of Robert Garza, P.C. – Associate Attorney
- Earl Carl Institute – Innocence Project – Student Advocate
- Harris County District Attorney’s Office – Mental Health Division – Intern
- Thirteenth Court of Appeals with Chief Rogelio Valdez – Judicial Intern
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Cameron County Bar Association – President-Elect
- Cameron County Bar Association Scholarship Golf Tournament – Chair
- Cameron County Bail Bond Board – Former Criminal Attorney Representative
- Brownsville Planning & Zoning Commission – Former Vice Chair
- Brownsville Charter Review Commission – Former Chair
Garza & Garza Law, PLLC Staff
Jose Rodriguez has over 15 years in legal work experience. He began working under Juan Magallanes, currently the 357th District Court Judge, and Gilberto Hinojosa, currently Chair for the Texas Democratic Party. He graduated with a B.A. in Art from the University of Texas – Brownsville and is a devoted husband and father of a 4-year-old daughter. On Jose’s free time, he works with different groups within the community, which include the Cameron County Democratic Party, Friends of the West Rail Trail, and Brownsville Children’s Museum as a Board Member.
Carla Del Toro
Carla Del Toro began working with Robert and Myles Garza in September 2014. She has gained extensive experience in assisting both attorneys in all phases of litigation in various fields of law. She graduated with a B.A. in Law & Justice Studies from the University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley. On Carla’s free time, she enjoys spending time with her son, husband, family, and friends.